Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wayne Long - 11/03/1957 - 11/28/2009

"DEATH LEAVES A HEARTACHE NO ONE CAN HEAL, LOVE LEAVES A MEMORY NO ONE CAN STEAL"

-author unknown.


11/28/09 - The saddest day I faced so far.


"If tears could build a stairway

and thoughts a memory lane

I'd walk right up to heaven

and bring you home again

No Farewell words were spoken

No time to say good-bye

You were gone before I knew it

And only God knows why.

My heart's still active in sadness

And secret tears still flow

What it meant to lose you

No one can ever know.

But now I know you want us

To mourn for you no more

To remember all the happy times

Life still has much in store.

Since you'll never be forgotten

I pledge to you today

A hallowed place within my heart

Is where you'll always stay." - unknown


It's heartbreaking to write this. It was so sudden, so unexpected. He was my inspiration, my guide, and my biggest fan. When I think of my dad, I remember all the special times we had together, like when we'd play video games, ride bikes, or even when he would teach me to make breakfast in the morning. It was so much fun- we would end up spending the entire time talking and joking. Those days were the best.

When dad passed away, it felt like part of me did the same. Each day that passes, I find that I miss him even more. But the more I miss him - the more I realize what a blessing he was to me. I guess if you think of all of the years that we had with Dad... That is how long God was waiting for him, and now, God finally has one of his loving children back with him in Heaven.

He was a very special man and I thank God every day for letting us borrow him for a while. He will be greatly missed!

Dad we miss you, we love you, we think of you, we will always have you in our hearts.









No comments: