Thursday, June 7, 2007

Where did I leave off?

Sorry I haven't had a chance to update...

Sunday we went to Saint Sulpice in the morning it was a beautiful church and had a HUGE organ - some of the group stayed after to hear the organist play - he was really good. I think that was sort of the reason we went there. :)

We walked around the city for a while...a long while... then we went to an Eglise de Christe...

And after that we went to the Sacre Couer - here's a picture i took of the view from up there....it was a lot of steps to the top - i lost track after about 250.



Monday...
We went and saw the Pompidou Museum

(which is my favorite museum of the three we went to) walked through a really cool fountain thing...


Then me and Jessica walked through the Notre Dame this time instead of just looking at the outside of it. :) It was really pretty... then we took a boat ride around Seine River to the Eiffel Tower and went all the way to the top.




Tuesday -We went to the Musee Orsay which had a lot of academic art and impressionism.....
Then me and Joey went to the Arc de Triumph -

and right before we went up we saw a really cool break dancing thing - which we stayed and watched for a while - those guys were awesome. Then we went up the spiral stairs up inside the Arc de Triumph

(I was dizzy after that) and stayed at the Top for a while..

Then Jared caught up with us and we took a night boat tour of the whole river -
and when we got off at the Eiffel Tower the Lights had just came on and they were sparkling - it was really cool.


Wednesday -
We got up early and went to Versailles and went through the museum, the gardens, and then we saw the Queen's Quarters. We stayed there and sketched for a while and took lots of pictures - those aren't uploaded yet. :)
Then we went to the Louvre at night and took a (half of the) group tour of two or three of the wings really quick. I wanted to go back and take a picture of a statue I saw - but there was a suspicious object so that part was closed. Then we walked down to the Latin quarter and most people went to eat - but a few of us walked around listening to music and just seeing that part of town.

Today I'm hoping to go the the museum of natural history, not that I don't love seeing all this art. :) But I was kind of interested in seeing that so - that's where I plan to go today.

Love you all!

April

No comments: